Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The past 10 days...

Warning: This is a real life post!


I'm back. We have officially moved and I am officially exhausted!

I will at some point regret posting this picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me sum up the past 10 days for you all:

We sold our mobile home, filled a 24" moving truck to the max and moved about 10 minutes down the road.

We all caught a cold for the occasion.

I didn't flip out during the move (if you know me, you know this is a very good thing!) although I did have a moment where the grace was not being extended toward my father-in-law when he asked where I wanted my entertainment center. It was the one decision that teetered me over the edge. I really am sorry.

We had amazing help throughout the process - Brian and his 3 buddies, all the men from church, sweet Debbie who adores my kids, my super duper packers - Eileen & Vic, Dan and Dad, Sally who fed us and Teresa (who I swear is an angel). I can't THANK you enough!

Samuel slept through the night 5 nights in a row (TOTAL MIRACLE!) in his new twin bed in his new room.

Gabrielle on the other hand is waking, oh between 4-6 times a night - teething and snot will do that to you.

MOST of the boxes are unpacked but no decorating has begun.

We now have white walls with neighbors on each side.

Each neighbor has 3 kids all under the age of 7. It can get pretty rowdy around here. And I think my kid might be the loudest.

We have two floors - good-bye cellulite, hello thighs of steel!

Samuel decided all the rules from the old house were non-transferable!!! Good grief - I never knew we could do time out that many times in a day!

Everything here is new, clean and spacious! I am in organizing heaven!

My hubby and I are still on the same page! PRICELESS!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I have been thinking of you guys!! I have to say... I am glad you all SURVIVED :)

Sounds like life is GOOD.

-Andrea

Tarrah said...

Happy moving, isn't it fun with kids :) I'm glad you got through it and I hope the organizing and decorating can be fun for ya.

Anonymous said...

So, glad you survived and things are going well!!

Denise said...

I'm glad you got all moved!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! I have been thinking about you guys a lot and wondering how it was going. I hope you are all feeling better soon!

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Here's hoping to good rest for all of you. Is Samuel still sleeping through the night?

I laughed at the part about the rules being non-transferable but only since it wasn't my kid.