Monday, December 22, 2008

A bedtime conversation

Samuel: Mom, Can God come over my new house?

Me: Well honey, God is already at your new house.

Samuel: He is? (a bit perplexed)

Me: Yes, God is always with you.

Samuel: Is God a man or a woman?

Me: Well, he's not really a man or a woman. But he's kind of like a Daddy. (I explain further)

Samuel: OK. Can Jesus come over my house?

Me: Well, Jesus is already at your house.

Samuel: He is? (a bit perplexed)

Me: If you ask Jesus to live in your heart then he'll be with you all the time.

Samuel: Where's my heart, Mommy?

Me: Right here. (as I point to his chest)

Samuel: Oh no, Jesus can't live there. That would give me a very big tummy ache!

Me: OK then, how about we ask him to just come be with us?

Samuel: OK, I can do that.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Oh, please remember this conversation when he is grown up! What a great story.

Micaiah doesn't get "asking Jesus into his heart" either. I know kids who do that when they are 3, but I don't think we're there yet. :)

What a cutie! Are you ready for Christmas?

Sarah said...

How beautiful, Michelle! He is such a sweetie.

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

so sweet :)