Saturday, September 13, 2008

Real Life

So I've been thinking. Lately many of my posts have had a somehwat negative slant to them. Well, maybe not negative but they are certainly not the uplifting, "my life is so great" type of posts. They are posts from a mom who's a bit frazzled, a bit obsessive compulsive and a tad bit tired and I'm just being real with y'all. That's the season of life that I am in and I can't help but wear my heart on my sleeve.

Now, I read lots blogs from other stay-at-home moms (that might be you, my blogging friend). And sometimes it SEEMS as if every one else in the same season of life has it together much better than I do. They have schedules/routines, recipes, fun outings with the family, contests, beautiful photos, clean houses, deep thoughts, a clue what's going on in the world, time to care about people other than their immediate family, etc. I often wonder where in the world one has time to accomplish such endeavors, let alone take photos and blog about them.

The truth is, I know that this is not the case. Most of us would rather portray our polished side of life. No-one likes a negative Nancy. But I'm certain everyone has their struggles.

And some people are just not the transparent type. You have to respect that not everyone likes to let it all hang out for the entire internet to see. But I'm certain everyone has a response to their struggles. Feelings are universal.

And we all come with our own set of strengths & weaknesses. Some more obvious than others. Heehee.

And some of us have nice cameras!

--------------------------

And so my conclusion is that I will continue to be me and I will continue to blog about my REAL LIFE. That's why I started this in the first place.

I happen to be in a season of life full of challenges and I don't have it all together but God is my strength (that is what Gabrielle means btw).

I happen to be transparent to a fault and an over sharer but at least I'm honest.

I happen to a realist but I also have an immense a mount of hope.

I happen to be in a serious season of life but I still have a sense of humor.

-------------------------

And so my blogging will be sporadic as usual as I keep my priorities in check. But I'd like to write a bit more about REAL LIFE. Why? Because that is where God is at work in my heart. That is place where the rubber meets the road. Because that is the place where my theology and reality must mesh to testify to the One who upholds me in His right hand - Jesus Christ.

I have told you these things so that in me you shall have PEACE. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have OVERCOME the world!
-John 16:33
-


Photobucket

7 comments:

G. said...

you keep blogging about your real life! I am not one to wear my heart on my sleeve and could learn from someone like you that it is Ok. I don't feel like I am fake at all I just look at it as being choosy with what I share I guess. Everyone deals with the stages of life they are in, in different ways...Thanks for sharing! :)

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I like reading about your real life, Michelle. You have a wonderful way of being real, transparent, and honest.

I hope you find time to keep the posts coming because I love reading them :)

-Andrea

bethany said...

I love your blog, and I think you are great just the way you are. :) I appreciate honesty and real life, personally. Keep being yourself and don't feel badly about it!

Anonymous said...

I like your real life posts, too! My real life just isn't as interesting as yours. I mean, I could post: "my house is a mess, the laundry is not done, the baby wants to be held and the toddler is coloring on the bathroom wall" every day!

Tarrah said...

Thank you Michelle for being Real :) I enjoy reading your posts and it's great to know that I'm not the only one loosing it around here :) I think it's sometimes hard to write about the icky stuff because that's when I'm in a funk the most and don't know what to write about. But I too don't want everyone to think I have it all together because I most definately don't.

Painting 4 Him said...

You keep keeping it real, baby, and we will keep reading! I love your guts, girl...you are so awesome. Keep up the good fight.

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

I lub your realness!