Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sleeping like a baby!

I've always hated the phrase "sleeping like a baby."

Why? Because my babies don't sleep! Nor do my 3 year olds!

Tim and I even sleep in separate rooms right now. Samuel is his responsibility at night and Gabrielle is mine. That way we are only woken by one child. This is our temporary solution. It keeps us sane for now. But I do miss my husband.

In my blogging absence, we've been sleep training my little petunia. We are only working on naps right now. It was high time she learn how to fall asleep and STAY asleep without my assistance. It's been hard. There has been crying - both hers and mine. It needed to happen so we can have some structure to our day, but I must admit I miss nursing my little baby to sweet slumber.

Anyway, today was the big payoff. It took about 21 naps total, but my little girl finally slept a full 2 1/2 hour nap today without any assistance! AND she did it while Samuel was napping. WOW!! That was the best few alone hours I've had in awhile.

In a few weeks we'll tackle night sleep. Daddy would like his spot back in the bed. But at least I get to snuggle with her just a little bit longer.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

I taught my boys early how to sleep. Naptime was non-negotiable because I desperately needed a 2-3 hour break in the afternoon. Great work, Michelle!

When Caleb was just over a year, he started only napping for about 1hour, but I think that was due to teething. He's back to 2 or 2.5 hour naps.

Good luck with night sleep-training. Hopefully some of the hard work you have done for napping will help it go quickly.

These sleep issues are the sole reason why we may be done having children. I am a monster without a full night's rest. Just being honest. :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! Keep up the great work!! :)

Tarrah said...

I'm so glad you got that couple hours of quiet time with sleeping babies. Here's to many more of those :)