Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fire Drill


This is a fire alarm.

What happens when you pull the lever down?

Ask my son! He pulled it at church today!
(During our fellowship time to celebrate our new teen wing)

I am still recovering!

Photobucket

6 comments:

The Growing Goodsons said...

Shake it off it was no big deal. We all have stories like this, or at least we will someday.

When I was a nanny I had a little boy poop in the park by a tree. Yeah that's right. He we trying to cover it up with a leaf. Anyone driving by could have seen him! I wasn't even the mom. I can only imagine the stories I will have in the next few years.

Tarah

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

tim told me right after it happened... and you know what i did? I laughed! that's right, because really, i know that it's totally embarassing to you, but noone else really cared! in fact, most people probably just shook their heads and remembered when their child did something equally as ridiculous!

like tarah said, i'm sure i'll run into my fair share of these in the future... (like coming out to find andy peeing on the side of my car before he got in wasn't embarassing... cuz it's not like i'm his mom or anything...) it's gonna happen! and it's ok :) we can laugh about it :)

Sarah said...

way too funny maybe not now but give it time and you too will laugh about it

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

aw, honey girl... I know I already told you this... Thomas did the exact same thing at EGC when he was Samuel's age.

The important thing is - this has been blogged for posterity - because you WILL think it was funny (someday - like maybe when Samuel calls you to tell you something one of his kids did)

love you - rejoicing that you have such a wonderful, curious, normal little boy!

Melanie and Ken said...

You've got to keep this memory alive for Sammy! His future wife has got to hear this story at least a dozen times!!!

G. said...

I had to tell you this because I know you would appreciate it due to your story last week. The other day Kole and Ava were supposed to be napping but, Kole came down and said "mommy, you better come up here!" So, I went upstairs to find Ava out of her crib, with her "poopy" diaper completely off, sitting on the floor and she said "I'm changing my diaper, mommy!" like she was so proud! We decided at that point that she was ready to have a "big-girl" bed. Needless to say, I scrubbed that carpet like crazy and stuck her right in the tub! It was quite funny...about a half an hour later!
BTW, I'm surprised my son has never attempted to pull a fire alarm...you should definitely write that one down to go back to for a laugh. :)