Friday, May 2, 2008

Special Connection

This post is in response to my friend Sarah's post from today. I had to put up something on my blog once I read her post and smiled so big! Please go check her post out.

Sarah and I have a unique connection when it comes to the timing of our pregnancies. It started back 4 years ago when we were doing youth ministry together and we happened to get pregnant at the same time. Our due dates were only 1 week apart (Sarah's being first). We walked together, exercised together, shared pregnancy woes together. We even went to Bradley child birthing classes together with our husbands. We had a lot of laughs during the relaxation time when we were supposed to be practicing labor techniques. Instead we were like little kids giggling when the rest of the room was serious.

Samuel wound up arriving 11 days early and her daughter came late. So now they share a birthday a week apart just in the opposite way predicted. Unfortunately, Sarah and crew moved across the country and we do not have an opportunity to see each other regularly.


When I found out I was pregnant the second time around, I gave her a call and told her. I heard silence, then "so am I." This time our due dates are even closer - Sarah is May 8th and mine is May 9th. CAN YOU SAY WEIRD??? We never even spoke over the phone about trying to get pregnant and here we were once again. Do you think our husband's were talking?



If that isn't weird enough, a few months ago we were chatting and realized that we had chosen the same name for our soon-to-be-born little girls. CAN YOU SAY BIZARRE? (Be patient, you'll find out the name soon if you don't already know. ) I don't think it gets any stranger than that. And so, we have this special connection. Our children will always have friends from the womb and we will always have had the pleasure and blessing of sharing pregnancy and child rearing together!

2 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

What a special thing you guys have going on! It's like you are twins! I wish I had had a something like that :) Hope you are surviving - the last couple of weeks are brutal! At least it is beautiful outside, right?!

-Andrea

G. said...

I commented on Sarah's blog that this story sounds like something you would read in a magazine...it's so neat. I hope the next week or so goes well for you. I'd love to bring you a meal after the baby arrives! :)