Still pregnant here. Boy are things different this time around. Who would have thought??? I am officially 1 week past my due date and the impatience is growing again. I just can't wait to meet this sweet little girl in my belly. I have no signs that labor might start soon or at least none that I am familiar with. I will go today to have my amniotic fluid levels measured and have a non stress test. I'm sure all is well but it's routine at this point to check the functioning of the placenta. I am certain that my due date is accurate b/c I had to have an ultrasound at 6 weeks to check the viability of my pregnancy due to bleeding. Ultrasounds that early in pregnancy are usually right on the money. The ultrasound technician also came up with a May 9th due date. Thankfully my midwifery group is rather conservative when it comes to going over a due date. They really want your body to do things naturally and so do I! I must admit at times I am tempted to give in to something - like having my membranes stripped - so we can get on with things. But my convictions about natural childbirth take over and I continue to wait. If I am still pregnant in another 5-7 days then I might have to make some hard decisions regarding to induce or not. Tim and I were both 3 weeks late and we were both fine. He was a 11 lb baby and his mom still delivered him naturally. Applause!!!
Have any of you gone way over your due date? I'd love to here your story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment