Saturday, May 24, 2008

She's Here!

Hi, guest blogger Courtney here...

Gabrielle Grace was born at 7:32pm on May 23.

Baby's stats:
~ 9 pounds 6 ounces, 21 inches
~ gorgeous!!!!
~ blond hair! (pretty sure that came from Tim's side of the family)

Baby is doing great. She was able to nurse soon after birth - has a wonderful strong voice, she was cooing and gurgling as Mommy and Daddy cuddled her.

Mom had quite the rough time of it. Once the pitocin really got going labor came on STRONG and fast. Michelle is amazing - way stronger than she thinks she is. And Tim - he did a fantastic job supporting his wife - I love watching the two of them together.

Afterward Michelle had quite a bit of bleeding - no, she had a lot of bleeding - to the extent that she eventually had to have surgery and a blood transfusion. She's tired, weak, but getting better.
Keep Michelle, Tim and kids in your prayers as she recovers...

btw - did I tell you that Gabrielle is GORGEOUS???

15 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Thanks for the update, Courtney!

She sounds beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures. I'm sorry that Michelle had a nice time of it and am praying for a speedy recovery.

Congratulations and best wishes.

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Oops...I meant I'm sorry Michelle had a rough time of it.

bethany said...

Congratulations! :) I'm so glad that she's here and doing so well. We'll continue praying for Michelle...hope she's feeling better soon! Can't wait to see pictures!!

KT said...

Yay....she is here! So happy for you all. You are in my thoughts and prayers, can't wait to meet little Gabrielle!

G. said...

Congratulations! I was sad to hear of the bleeding...my prayers for a quick recovery. :)

The Growing Goodsons said...

Congratulation! I can't wait to see pictures. Hope Michelle is doing better.....we'll be praying for her. Congratulations Again!

Tarah

Painting 4 Him said...

Wahoo! That Gabrielle is here, finally. So sorry it was a difficult birth process. I am praying for ya sistah! Can't wait to see your smiling face and to meet Gabrielle.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Congratulations Michelle, Tim, and Samuel!!

I have been thinking and praying for you guys. I am so glad you have your baby girl in your arms now. I'll continue to pray for strength, sleep, and peace.

Welcome to the world, Gabrielle Grace!

-Andrea

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

thanks a million courtney for
getting on here to post for our new Gabrielle! I just got home and couldn't wait to get on here hoping that her beautiful face would be up :) She looks so much like Samuel!!! I can't wait to see her, and i'll be praying for you all as you move into this new phase of your wonderful life!

Anonymous said...

Gabrielle Elizabeth is really glad that her friend Gabrielle Grace has joined her in the world!
You guys have been on our minds and hearts and prayers since you went in. I can't wait to talk to you, Michelle. She is beautiful - and looks so much like Tim!
Congratulations! Love you all!

Unknown said...

She is gorgeous!! Congratulations!

Michelle, I pray that you recover quickly!

Anonymous said...

Yah!!! She's here!!! Congrats!!! She is beautiful. Praying that you, Michelle, will have a quick recovery!!

Grumpy said...

What a beautiful baby! I hope Courtney told you we had 50 United Methodist pastors praying (Yes we Methodist do believe in prayer ;-0)for you during your labor and after here at Virginia Wesleyan College in Norfolk VA. I have been giving them updates as I get them from Courtney. May God bless you with a smooth recovery and some extra snooze time. Courtney's Daddy

Anonymous said...

Gabrielle is Stunning!!! Nice job Michelle & Tim!! I hope she's sugar and spice and everything nice! Congratulations!! I can't wait to see more pictures of her and Michelle, I have TONS of clothes if you need any.

Love, Gina

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Best wishes to you and your family...