Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rambling

I'm already a type A, get it done yesterday kind of person. And now pregnancy creates this heightened sense of urgency in me to get things done. Perhaps because I'm feeling good right now and that's the key. I know what the future holds as the belly grows larger and larger. Plus with my last pregnancy I wound up on bed rest for several months due to threatened pre-term labor. Although nothing tragic happened, it was extremely difficult on our family since I earn a large portion of our income while Tim is finishing his degree. (Please join me in faith that it will be different this time.) Anyway, I am desperate to get things accomplished and my "to do" list is totally out of control. I mean OUT OF CONTROL!!!

It consists of household chores, meal prep, grocery shopping, closet sifting, furniture rearranging, painting, business building, office work, phone calls, creating training workshops and meetings, financial planning and toddler playing/training. I must mention that we are severely space challenged in our current place and I must make room for ever growing toddler stuff and a new baby. Have I mentioned we don't have a basement or attic and our shed is full, so storage is a major issue. What in the world do I do with all Samuel's old clothes and toys, etc. Ughh... Some day I will be blessed with a house...someday!

On top of this extreme nesting issue, I am in full swing this month with my business and next month is the start of a new catalog. Busy, Busy, Busy.

My fantasy: I would hire someone (I like) to come hang with Samuel and I for a week or two. We could tackle many tasks together. I could get lots of office work done and I'd have help rearranging furniture, painting, shopping etc. Them when it was all said and done, I could sit on my butt, and do the fun things I've been waiting to do like finish Samuel's baby book, start reading my Bradley Method book in preparation for labor, update our photos on the walls and actually fill in the 3 empty collage frames that have been hanging for 2 years (isn't that pathetic ?). I would cook some fun meals and perhaps bake some healthy stuff - you know the kind with bran in it. heehee. I would shop for some maternity clothes with my new Old Navy gift card. And I would play with my boy and not feel like I have a million things hanging over my head. Yes, that's what I would do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay - your post made me totally stressed. I've been doing a very good job avoiding even thinking about all that stuff, thank you very much! :)
Just kidding. I know - it feels a little overwhelming. But don't worry - we are believing with you that we'll both have another 4 months of feeling pretty good to get it all done in.

G. said...

I can totally empathize with you. I felt the same way when I was pregnant with my kids. I still feel the same way sometimes, and I'm not even pregnant. I thank God for His grace every day to handle everything. Hang in there.