Hallelujah! The last leaf has fallen. We have two beautiful, yet gigantic, trees on either side of our home. One is a red maple and the other must be the biggest oak that God has ever created. Ok, ok, a bit of an exaggeration. I still think it's the biggest oak in my neighborhood! Then we have a smaller oak in the back. I love the shade they bring in the summer and the beauty of colors in the fall. However bagging these leaves is an astronomical task! My one neighbor bagged at least 15 bags and we finished up this weekend with another 2o+. I lost count. All this from just 3 trees. Needless to say I'm glad we are done with the leaves for the season.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
The last leaf has fallen!
Hallelujah! The last leaf has fallen. We have two beautiful, yet gigantic, trees on either side of our home. One is a red maple and the other must be the biggest oak that God has ever created. Ok, ok, a bit of an exaggeration. I still think it's the biggest oak in my neighborhood! Then we have a smaller oak in the back. I love the shade they bring in the summer and the beauty of colors in the fall. However bagging these leaves is an astronomical task! My one neighbor bagged at least 15 bags and we finished up this weekend with another 2o+. I lost count. All this from just 3 trees. Needless to say I'm glad we are done with the leaves for the season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow...I bet Samuel loved that...raking and jumping in leaves. I wish we had leaves...but you need trees for leaves!!!
That's a lot of bags of leaves! :)
I love those pictures - Samuel is so photogenic! I tried really hard to get Judah to sit in a pile of leaves for me, but he'd have nothing to do with it.
The fall I was pregnant with Judah I raked all of our leaves up because Daniel was working so much and didn't have the time to do it (it took me the whole day!) - my neighbor came over to see if I was trying to put myself into labor. It was grueling work at nine months pregnant! Unfortunately no labor - even more unfortunately, my neighbor didn't stick around to help!
-Andrea
See, that's the great thing about living where I do - the wind just blows my leaves away. :) They become compost for the hay fields around me, which is fine with me!
The family with a dozen trees in their yard would like to know if they can borrow Samuel to help rake. He's so stinkin' cute that we're sure he would make the job that much more enjoyable! Hey - next year we might be able to do that!
Kent said to me this morning.."I think the wind yesterday blew all of our leaves away." Sure enough it did. Thank The Lord! Cute pics of Samuel.
Post a Comment