Monday, November 17, 2008

We are on the move

If you read my last post all the way through, you know that we are on the move.


We've been happy in our little mobile home for about 4 1/2 years. We started our family here and it's been our home in every sense of the word. We've painted the inside and out, planted shrubs, put up a shed, hung new shutters, the list could go on.


We have outgrown our space, and with Tim still working on his doctorate, it's just not time for a house. So, off we go to a rental townhouse. It will be an adjustment since I haven't had to share walls with strangers in a long time. I guess they won't be strangers for too long.

Samuel is so excited about moving. I was so worried about the transition, but we brought him over to see our new home and he had a blast. He absolutely loves that the townhouse has multiple floors.

Saturday is moving day, so I've got to pack up the whole house. I may get a post or two in during this crazy time, but no promises. Talk to you soon.

Bye, bye, little home, bye, bye!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Hi Michelle!

Glad to hear that Samuel liked the new house. That is always important. Kids are so much more resilient than we realize. We moved 2 times in 10 months and the kids thought it was an adventure! The first few nights at each new place were rough but they never looked back. :)

Did that lady purchase your mobile home? Good luck and have fun. We live in an apartment and share walls with several families. It's really not that bad.

Denise said...

Good luck moving! I hope it all goes smoothly, and that you guys get settled into your new place quickly. :)

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting. I hope everything goes well for you. If you need help, let us know and we will see what we can do to help!! Even if you need a meal, I would love to cook you a meal - one less thing you need to do!!!!! :)Let me know.

G. said...

When we moved to this area, we were in a mobile home for about 4 years, then we had an apartment, and now we have a house! That's exciting, hopefully you'll have more space. Holler if you would like any help!