Sunday, October 19, 2008

Meet QB


Funny nick names just happen. Sometimes they don't even make sense. But they are oh so cute. Sometimes they have their season and then they are gone; but this one seems to be sticking around!

Tim started calling Gabrielle Queen Bee. She may only be the princess, but she sure does think she's the queen. She always wants it her way and on her terms. She is quite particular and vocal! So the name stuck and slowly it evolved to QB. We probably call her QB half of the time. I think it's kind of cute. But someday I'll have to tell her, ever so gently, who the queen really is!

Now, this one is not so cute but she brought this one on herself. Gabrielle makes this funny screeching sound that resembles the the Nazgul from Lord of the Rings. She likes to make this sound first thing when she wakes up at 3am. It somehow always makes me laugh even when I'm beyond tired. And so sometimes she's our Little Nazgul.

Samuel gets in on the nick naming action too. He calls her Gabrielle Goo! Appropriate for a 3 year old I think. I'm sure she'll grow to love it.

Do you have any favorite nicknames for your kiddos that you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

How cute! I called both of our boys "Snook" when they were babies. I have no idea why.

Now I use sweetheart, honey, baby...those kinds of names for them.

I love Queen Bee. How funny.

Tarrah said...

that is a beautiful picture!!!!

Love the nick names. we are not that creative, we call abriella crazy (cause that is what she is) or bugga (?). and abe is my little bud ;)

Painting 4 Him said...

Sen is gonna love me for this--please if you read these, don't call him them...Bubby, spudabud, idge, idgecandigbiggles. And never late for dinner!!

Anonymous said...

QB is too cute :)
We call our Gabrielle: Gabby-cakes (to the tune of patty-cakes), Gabba-Goo, chubba-bubba (yup, we're that mean), and munchie.

Christine said...

Hey! I have a blog now, but I'm not sure what to do with it. For some reason I call Jonah Mr. Magoo, I think it has something to do with the baldness factor...