Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Day in Your Life


I'm certain I am borderline OCD! I am an orderly person. I like a plan. I thrive on a schedule. It keeps me from getting all kooky within my head. I must know where the day is heading and what is to be accomplished.

However, I am...flexible!! Yes, I can safely deviate from the plan ONLY if there IS a plan. (Does anyone get what I mean or am I lost in my own neurosis?) When there is no plan, then I begin to spin on my heals and nothing gets done. I lose focus, get confused, forget things. It's as if I enter some type of void that sucks my entire day into it and it is gone for good!

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about how to schedule my day so that it is a win/win for me and the kids. And I've been thinking about you and how you schedule your day. How do your order the events of your day from mothering, cooking, cleaning, devotions, banking, shopping, working, blogging, playing, sleeping, etc.

And how do you fit your kids schedules into your plan? What are they doing while you are doing the above mentioned list of things? What types of activities do you use to keep them occupied? Do you play with your kids? How often? How much screen time do you permit?

Would you share your best advice about balancing your schedule and your kids schedules so that everyone benefits? Would you be willing to give me a description of a "day in the life" of you?

I'll share mine with you too. Just not tonight. Maybe tomorrow.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

well my love - once again I'm no help to you... they do whatever, whenever - just like me :) although a tiny bit of structure might be okay - maybe I'll get some pointers when you get more responses

how did we get to be friends? :D (must be a God thing)

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

I like structure too, but my day-to-day routine changes... daily. i have a different set of things that are set out for me to do everyday, which aren't even the same every week. I usually plan out what is happening the next day before I go to sleep at night. Just to have a hold of what i'll be doing in the morning.

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

I wrote a novel about this on my blog. You can check it out if you want my response. :)