Friday, December 7, 2007

Big Boy Bed!


Thank you all for your input. We finally made the transition to a bed the night before last and Samuel is loving his new bed! We decided on the toddler bed. We just didn't have the funds to buy a twin mattress at this point in time, plus Samuel's room is exceptionally small. So, toddler bed it is and he's loving it. Tim gave Samuel a screwdriver and he helped his Daddy put that bed together. There were a few tears when we were breaking down the crib but it was short lived. Samuel found his bedtime buddies, "blankie" and "ducky", and climbed into his new bed. He laid down and pretended to snore. Then sat up and smiled. Somehow I knew this was a good move.


The first night it took over an hour to get to sleep. He woke once in the middle of the night and came into our room. Last night he fell asleep without a problem, but was in our room again at about midnight. He just needed a little comforting and he went right back to sleep in his bed.


I've been peeking in on him more often than usual. There's just something about seeing my "baby" sleeping in a bed. He's growing into a big boy slowly but surely and I'm privileged to help him along that journey. Sweet dreams Samuel Owen!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Aww, he's so cute, sleeping in his big boy bed! I'm glad he's adjusting well. He must have been ready to get out of the crib!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Sounds like it was a great move for Samuel - and what a nice bed! I hope Judah does as well as Samuel when we have to do the transition.

They do seem to appear so much older and bigger when they sleep in a big bed - makes me a little bit sad, I have to admit.

-Andrea

G. said...

What a great big boy bed! I remember when Kole started sleeping in his toddler bed, I heard him up in the middle of the night and he was hiding in our closet! :) It took him a little while to get used to it but, now of course he loves it. Congrats, Samuel!

KT said...

Yeah, no more worrying about him falling over his crib!! I can't believe what a big boy he is...is it even possible he is sleeping in a bed! Suddenly I feel a bit sad...cause I know that K is right behind him!!