OK, So it's hard to come up with something catchy regarding food and Wednesday. And I'm too tired to think to much about it. Here goes a super yummy and very easy dish your whole family will enjoy. The flavor of the sauce is DEEE-LICIOUS as Samuel would say. This is a good one for kids who are picky about eating meat. The chicken is tender and cheesy. I don't know about your children, but cheese makes almost anything worth eating in my toddler son's opinion! Wish I had a photo for you, but we ate it all up before I remembered to bust out the camera!
CREAMY CHICKEN ALFREDO
1/4 cup all purpose flour
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast filleted in half
(make 'em nice and thin)
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil divided
2-3 gloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp minced onion
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I usually use dried parsley flakes)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place flour in a shallow dish or pie plate. Sprinkle chicken with salt and then coat with flour. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook chicken until golden brown on both sides (about 4 minutes per side). Remove chicken and place in a 13x9 baking dish.
Heat remaining 1 tsp olive oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until onions are tender (about 2 minutes). Increase heat to medium-high, add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened. Pour sauce over chicken.
Bake chicken uncovered for 20-30 minutes
(until chicken is cooked all the way through).
Sprinkle parsley over chicken.
Serve over whole wheat angel hair or fettuccine.
I especially like making a side of fresh steamed spinach with this dish.
YUMMY!!!
1/4 cup all purpose flour
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast filleted in half
(make 'em nice and thin)
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil divided
2-3 gloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp minced onion
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I usually use dried parsley flakes)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place flour in a shallow dish or pie plate. Sprinkle chicken with salt and then coat with flour. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook chicken until golden brown on both sides (about 4 minutes per side). Remove chicken and place in a 13x9 baking dish.
Heat remaining 1 tsp olive oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until onions are tender (about 2 minutes). Increase heat to medium-high, add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened. Pour sauce over chicken.
Bake chicken uncovered for 20-30 minutes
(until chicken is cooked all the way through).
Sprinkle parsley over chicken.
Serve over whole wheat angel hair or fettuccine.
I especially like making a side of fresh steamed spinach with this dish.
YUMMY!!!
2 comments:
Wow, sounds delicious...I am definately gonna try it! Hope you had a great afternoon!
This sounds great...especially with the steamed spinach, my family likes it raw better but, I can eat it steamed and I'll make them a salad. :)
Post a Comment